Monday, February 28, 2011

Our lincoln memorial experiance




We were enjoying absolutely everything about the Lincoln memorial until a tourist asked if she could take our picture for us. It was a nice gesture so I handed her our camera and she had snapped a couple pics when it happened. Our poor camera fell onto the hard marble floor of the Lincoln memorial. It all happened so fast that I literally had no idea what was happening. Before I knew it we were rushing over trying to quiet her down and stop her profanities :) We tried to assure her that a broken camera was no big deal and that a camera was completely replaceable.

As we walked away our camera started to choke and rattle a little and actually turned on! Now when we try to use it sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It is fine by us though because we have been wanting to replace it for some time. I laugh a little every time I see these pictures because they are the last perfect pictures we ever took with that camera. It is never the way I expected to remember the Lincoln memorial but I can't help it. That experience is forever en grained on my brain.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

My mom always used to tell people that too, "It's just a thing," only she would add, "People are more important than things" when someone would get all upset about something being broken.

Also, do you notice Lincoln's hands? They one is in the shape of an ASL letter 'a' while the other is in the shape of an 'l' for his name. No coincidence... the sculpture had a deaf sibling apparently and thought it would be cool to do that. Just a fun fact for ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...