Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tale of the Berries. . .


Good Morning to All!

Wow, I can't believe it has been since halloween since I last posted something. I guess that is what happens when you are as busy as me.

Our thanksgiving was so much fun! We decided to spend it at the bunkers house, my inlaws, with a whole housefull of guests! It was awesome. Karen, brians mom, assigned me to bring homemade cranberry sauce to dinner, and with three ingredients i thought that it wouldn't be possible to screw it up. Well was I wrong!

Turns out I bought my cranberries at costco, and had six times as many cranberries as I needed. So I made the recipe with only one cup of sugar for six billion cranberries.


You can imagine how it turned out. Bitter and nasty! So I added two more cups of sugar, and let it refridgerate overnight, bc some of the sugar is supposed to sink in. The next morning I swear it had gotten more sour! So I added the last of my sugar, four whopping cups! Definately not the cranberry sauce for diabetics!

But I guess it was ok because i got no complaints, and a couple complements. Next year I think I will opt to bring rolls or something!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...