Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Grown Up Christmas List

So this year, everything that I have ever known to be christmas is significantly different.
Being Married totally changes your perspective on life and material things and what it really means to be happy. Since this is such a huge thing for me, I wanted to share it with all of you.

First off. . . I love Christmas because it means giving to others and if there is one thing I am a sucker for, its buying and giving way too many presents. I also like getting presents bc it is the time of year that I don't feel guilty for asking for things that I want and don't need.
This all started when my mom and mom in law, started asking me what I wanted for christmas. For the life of me, I couldn't tell them anything. Had you asked me last year, I could have given you a bevy of things to choose from. But later that night really thinking about my grown up christmas list, here is what I am thankful for not only at Christmas but all year long.

First, I am thankful for my lord and savior Jesus Christ and for all the faith he has in me. I am not by any means a perfect being, and nor is it easy to try to be one. But he is the reason I live, love and have hope for a bright future and I love him for everything he has generously blessed me with.
I am thankful for my country. I cannot imagine living anywhere else, and especially anywhere else where I wouldn't have my freedom. I can never repay the debt of those who made it free for me. I always want this priviledge. . .

My life and soulmate Brian. . .
I have never loved or cared for someone so much, or wanted to, for that matter. . . He is the greatest thing to ever happen to me and I can't wait for our many years to come.
He makes me such a better person, and he is my partner in life. For Christmas, I want to be with him, next to a fire, with some hot chocolate, snuggling away!

My Family is so priceless to me, and I will always be grateful that I have them.

My dad is so protective of me, and I love feeling like Daddy's little girl at 23 years old. He still looks and smiles at me like I am seven.

My mom would do anything for me any time at any price. She is the ultimate giver in my life and a wonderful example for my mothering future. She is also my biggest Cheerleader!

My little sister Court is so genuine and kind hearted and is one of the biggest advocates in my life. I love how she values my opinion so much that she doesn't make an important decision until she has called me first. This includes purchasing a pair of shoes :)

This is Elisha, left, and Courty, right, at the temple for my wedding, both so young and beautiful.

Ty is finally home from his mission and I will never let him roam far again. I love his dedication to his mission and for how diligently he served his two years. I love that he wants to spend all his time with us now and that he missed us. He is a smart man and I cannot wait to see what his life will produce.
Along the lines of family, I am thankful for the Bunkers. What a blessing to have inherited such a celestial family. They are kind and christlike and so caring. I remember the first time I met them, I was barely dating Brian, and they made me feel so good about my life and wanted to know all about me. That night when I went home I cried in happiness to my mom about how great it would be to have them as inlaws. That wish came true!!!! :)

I am thankful for my friends. They are such good examples to me and love me for lindsay! No matter where life takes all of us I know we will always have that special bond.

I am thankful for our little Bentley and for all that she brings to our family. She has taught me so much about unselfishness and has given me a good idea of what our children will be like. And no matter how many times she pees on our linens or chews our tree ornaments and shoes I will always love her and her huge personality.

In a time where money is tight and life is more difficult I am thankful for our stability. Brian and I live in the most beautiful house, paid for by his hardworking, and more than comfortable and spacious for the three of us. I am thankful that we aren't among those who cannot afford their mortgage, and although life for us is tight, we are blessed and making ends meet.

I am thankful that I have a job. In the past I have moaned and groaned bc it is not my dream job and Its not where I thought I would be. But with all the layoffs and downsizing in our country. I am thankful I have a decent income to help support our household.
I am so thankful that it is Christmas and for all of you. . .

Merry Christmas and I hope your Christmas Wishes come true!!!

1 comment:

zana said...

Lindsay
hey whats up. its good to see that you and your family are doing good. tell ty i said hi. its crazy to see your little sister all grown up. i just wanted to say hello. im living in arizona, working for knight and we just found out we have a baby on the way. its good to see you, hope all is well

ren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...