Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beginning to look ALOT like CHRISTMAS!!!

So for Christmas this year I wanted to give out thoughtful gifts, and I wanted to develop a new talent. Since my new job, and being married and such, I haven't had tons of time for new talents so that was my goal.

In october I started googling lots of different options and when I saw the idea for decorated sugar cubes I was hooked! I made eight dishes of homemade sugar cubes for all the women in the office and they turned out amazing!


I even painted some of them with sugar paint so they are all edible! But in my opinion, they are too cute to snarf!!

My family is German so we have the tradition of putting up nutcrackers and so that was fun for me to find little places for them to sit!


I also had to decorate our house from scratch and so for me I thought it would also be fun to make all the ornaments for our tree.

I made a ceramic fleurdylise ornament then painted it with different layers to make it look cuter. . .
I am really into damask so that was the theme for the tree, I made a lot of different damask ornaments in the shape of circles, hearts, snowmen, etc. I would totally recommend making your own ornaments, it gives the tree such a personal touch!

I even sanded little wooden B's for BUNKER!!!!!

Bentley is always interested in what I am doing and she watches me closely. . . hoping for a treat I think.


Until it becomes boring!

Then she hits her bed! Smart girl! She learned from the best!

2 comments:

MeiLani and Michael said...

Seriously they are so cute! I still have not been able to partake of the delectables!

Dowland Fam said...

That is the cutest tree ever! Seriously, where are you on craft nights -- I am totally abdicating that role to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...