Monday, December 15, 2008

Service and Neighbors

Todays shout out goes to our sweet neighbors across the street. . .

So let me tell you something so funny about myself. My friends and I have this inside joke that all someone has to do to make me happy is smile at me. I am a girl of very simple pleasures and the tiniest things make me happy. I think i got it from my mom, she is the same way.

So on sunday morning we slept in, we had a really late night before, lots of friends over to watch the new Batman til three am, its brians new favorite movie. . .

And so sunday morning I was so thankful our church starts at one, we slept in til eleven. When we had gone to bed it was snowing pretty hard, and so just as we had woke up, we realized we were gonna have to bundle up and then shovel away til church started.

Once we bundled up we walked outside to see our driveway perfectly plowed with tracks. Our neighbor across the street had gotten his four wheeler with a plow attached and had driven over to do ours!

You know those moments that you are so touched that you feel like crying? I know, its so cliche' but i seriously felt like that! I am such a softie, It made me so happy! We don't even own a decent snow shovel yet!

Tonight, I am going to 'attempt' to make something yummy for him and his family. They are not members of the church and they show so much kindness to us. And out of all the people I have met in our new ward, they are the most caring of us newlyweds in the neighborhood and they will occasionally take out our trash on trash day if we forget, or rake up our leaves, etc. They even helped me break into our house during the summer when I locked myself out! I am thankful for them and for helping us out, as we are 'new' at life and still trying to figure everything out!

I hope you have the chance to be this for someone who needs it, or who ever is doing it for you, thank them profusely. It is more then just a shovel job, it is service and love.

10 days til christmas! Can you even stand it!

Linds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...