Friday, October 31, 2008

Ode to Candy Corn

First off! Happy Halloween everyone! I have experienced a new liking to candy corn this year!


My halloween was unexpectedly fun and I wanted to share some of the highlights. Last night I was having a really hard time trying to decide what to be for halloween and it was ten at night and no luck. I could have driven to my parents house in sandy but after a twelve hour work day, driving was seeming no bueno! I went over to my sister in laws house with everyone to try to come up with something. It was then that karen, mom in law, said we should go raid her moms closet and that I should dress up as an old person!

So this morning I got quite a few random looks as I ran errands around town and picked up the catering. This woman at the counter was really old and had almost the same dress as me. When I smiled at her, I could tell what she thought about me! I guess older people don't like being mocked by us younger folk!

It was also kind of coincedental because I am the youngest person in the office and so I wanted to dress up as the oldest!

Once I arrived I realized how wrong I was. I work with a ton of really quick creative people and my costume looked not so amazing compared to theirs! Colleen and Sacha had the same Idea I did but with loads more preparation! Colleen had a walker and a catheter and a "pee bag" and was in pajamas with a fake mustache and fake eyebrows. My description does not do it justice and so the picture will!

Dusty, dressed up as a chick magnet and had a cardboard magnet with barbies all over it around his shoulders. I thought that was so creative. So he won the award for most creative costume.

I decorated the office bc our office manager is out of town and it looked really awesome! I used lots of spiderweb and gravestones, etc.

Last year I wanted to go out on halloween. I wanted to hit as many parties as I could and see as many people, and stay out late. I think it is being married that has done this to me but this year I see halloween going much differently.

I want to stay home and make a fun halloween dinner, and give out candy to trick or treaters, and then take my niece and nephew trick or treating, then fall asleep snugging with brian and bentley watching a scary movie. I have turned into a home body! I like it though. And those adorable children in their costumes make me want one! lol!

This year we didn't carve pumpkins but we painted them. I think this Chanel pumpkin is pretty cute though!

Here is another picture to give you some laughs! I swear people get so dang creative at halloween. I don't even want to know how long this took!

Anyways, we hope your halloween was as awesome as ours! Much Love!

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Your wedding photo is amazing! What beauty and happiness in one shot - loved that you shared it with us. Hope you have a wonderful week!
Colleen
ps- the pumpkin pictures are too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...