Friday, June 10, 2011

{ Lake walking }














Over memorial weekend at the cabin it was so rainy and cold that the moment it wasn't anymore we were all itching to get out of the cabin.  

We took a walk down to the beach and it was lovely.  But we did notice one SMALL thing.  The rain has caused the lake to rise a good lateral 6 feet.  For those of you that do not know lake talk :) that is { really really } something!  

We tried to find the place on the beach that Brian proposed to me but it is covered up with water. haha!  The rangers estimate it will go up another 6 feet which means we might have no beach at all this year.  I love having a beach but I will take whatever I can get! 

One thing that hasn't changed though is how beautiful it is up there.  My goodness.  I can believe it is a real place sometimes. The family had a great time exploring the area, looking for wildlife and running around in the dirt :)

It was so good to be up there for the first time in 9 months.  Now if we can only get some sunshine up there I will be as happy as a clam.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Dad and I went up there today to mow the lawn, and yeah, it's way up. i really wonder how it's going to affect tourism this year. yeah, there's a lot of water to boat on, but there's no beach anywhere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...