Friday, June 17, 2011

{ Candy buttons }

 The other day I was just getting ready to get in the shower when I heard the doorbell ring.  I figured it was UPS or someone so I ignored it.  

Then the doorbell rang again, and again, and again, and again.  

By this point I was running to grab a robe and get the door.  When I opened it, it was a little girl in our neighborhood with her hands behind her back. 

I asked her if something was wrong and she just smiled and pulled out some button candy from behind her back and handed it to me.  

"I know you really really like these misses bunker so while I was at the dollar store I saw them and thought about you and got them for you with my own money."  

I about teared up right there on my porch in my robe!

I think noticing the details about someone is what makes all the difference.  I am so impressed she has learned such a valuable skill at such a young age and that she spent her allowance on candy for me! She is too adorable.

I can't wait to get her back :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...