Friday, June 3, 2011

{ The best seat in the house }

Pop has been pretty sick these last couple of months. He has endured so much and his health is not what it once was. All these events have hurt his spirit a little and have caused him at times to be very sad and down.

This has broken all of our hearts to see him go through so many tough things and to be away from home for so long. I know all of us have been prayerful of his recovery and for his happiness to return.

So you can imagine our surprise when we heard he had a very special visitor last week. A visitor despite his busy schedule had time to sit with my dear grandfather and spend an hour talking to him about life, and trials and memories. He was kind enough to tell him he would pray for him and left him with a blessing.

Talking with Pop after his experience, I know that at his old age he probably couldn't remember everything that was said but remembered the feeling of love in the room.

I know it has had an incredible effect on him as I have watched his countenance change from one visit to the next. He is less concerned with his struggles and more concerned with remembering his memories and the happy times in life.

I wish I could thank this dear man, for being such an incredible example of love and service and for spending time with someone who really needed his influence. I appreciate what he has done so much, and wish I could be so much more like him.

Here is one of his quotes that is my favorite. . .

"The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility. " Thomas S. Monson

Thank you dear prophet. From the most sincerest place I know.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is awesome...how neat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...