Friday, June 17, 2011

{ Birthday } Girl





My birthday was incredible this year.  Not in the big blown out of proportion kind of way, but in the feeling content with my life, happy, and realizing more what is important kind of way.

I always thought I would freak out a little getting older every year, and a do a little, but I am finding just the opposite out.  I am in the very exact place I should be doing the exact things I am doing.  I find it hard to believe sometimes that my life will just continue to progress and I will become more and more happy as the years go by.

I have this friend who is incredible at writing in her journal, { you know who you are chick :}, and she is always inspiring me do keep one.  Well over the last year I have kept better journaling habits than any other year and I am amazed how much my thoughts and actions have grown just in one short year of time. 

It is an incredible thing to look back on things { you } have written and see yourself change.  I finally get what she is talking about and I love it.

Thanks to all of you for the bundles of phonecalls, texts, emails, birthday cards in the mail, presents on the porch, facebook wishes, and love over the years.  I am truly blessed to have so many special people in my life and I know my life is better because you are in it.

The week ended with a new summer dress, some twinkly vintage earrings, red velvet cake, homemade cafe rio salads, walks on the beach and lots of good times.

I am soooo ready for 26... bring it on :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...