Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Streets of New York...

So by far the best way to travel around New York is on foot. There are SO many things to see, that if you go any other way you might miss something.

So on foot we went!!!

The first day we decided to hit up the legendary 5th avenue. I know some of you are picturing me scouring the street like a rabid animal, but rest assured that I was able to maintain "some" level of composure :)

The stores were incredible and the decor even more incredible. Those 5th ave shops are designed to sell sell sell!

And this cathedral was just neatly packed in between some business buildings. Crazy!

And also, the shops are prettier than anything you would see here. Everything in NY just has those extra little touches.

See if you can find me! Hint, I am right under the sign of my most favorite store!!!

I LOVE JUICY COUTURE!!! And if you don't, you would have after you went into this store! It was impeccably decorated with gold, hot pink, pastels, and baby pink. And totally my style. It had vintage chaises and frames everywhere and little touches around the store that made it so fun to be in!

Heck! They even had their own custom monogramed carpet! I wanted it! I bet no one would notice if I kifed a square foot do you? It was three stories!

I was really good too! I only bought one yoga jacket.

Here is a little play house in the little girls section that I thought was too cute!

Across the street were cartier and versace. Their window displays were lovely.

The architecture was also something to stare at. They had the most interestingly shaped buildings I have ever seen! And they were all over the place!



Trump Tower. . .

I thought that trump tower was just business real estate but I guess the bottom two floors are filled with fancy shops. Gucci and starbucks could be seen in there from the road. Can you imagine what he charges them?

The illustrious Times Square!



It reminds me of a Vegas on steriods. Everything is lit up and everyone is in a hurry. Also, New York is a huge melting pot. I have never felt like the minority in my whole life until we went to New York. Everyone is a different enthnicity and we expected it a little but not to that extent!

On fifth avenue they had started decorating for the holidays and it was awesome! I can't imagine New York at Christmas!

Of course we hit up the Tiffanys there, it was five stories of amazingness! And Nike was six floors!

Here is Brian in front of Rockafeller Center. He wasn't aware I was taking his picture! Sorry honey!

We walked by the MET and down the theatre district, and down Times Square too. I was so stupid the first two days, and wore high healed boots everwhere! Man those pumps got mileage! But after that I opted for flatter shoes and I can say that is the way to see New York!

(for those of you that are smarter than me and already knew that I don't want to hear it :)

There are some of the most amazing restaurants in New York also, and we were lucky to sample a few. Look at this dessert! Yep, I ate the whole thing. Beautiful presentation too!

I also had my first taxi ride! And it was something else! Those drivers have NO FEAR! So be ready for the ride of your life and remember I warned you :)

We also ate at our first street vendor! It was SO yummy and oh so cheap!

Starbucks was literally my best friend in New York. I was still getting over the symptoms of the flu, so all the hot chocolate and spiced cider made me happy :)

And there was a starbucks on almost every city block and they were always packed!

One day we were lucky enough to go the the spa all paid! We got massages, facials, and reflexology treatments on our feet! It felt really nice after all the walking.

It was at the end of manhattan island at a place called chelsea pier that was literally a pier with boats!

More to come still! Can you believe it!

What a trip!

Linds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...