Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Empire State. . .

Out of the many things in New York I wanted to do, I really wanted to look off the top of the Empire State Building. I hear it is taller than you can imagine and incredible views!

Once we were in front of it, I looked up at it and it didn't look that tall to me, so I wondered how much taller it was than all the other buildings! You will see that in a minute!

Here is the lobby and a mural on the wall that I thought was neat.

We were lucky to buy our tickets from someone outside so we by passed all the lines. Look how many ropes!

There are so many rooms like this, so they fill up different ones, and then empty different ones.

Then you take two elevator rides up and you are there! And it literally takes your breath away!

We got up there right as the sun was setting so it was lovely to see a New York sunset over the buildings!

Look how high!!! The other buildings look short right!!?!? That is what I thought too!

Some foreign guy next to me asked me if I could feel the building sway! What the heck!?!? He said that it swayed about twenty feet in the wind and that if you focused on an object on the ground you would notice it move as the building moved.

Thanks alot borat, now I feel nasious! Honestly the height of the building didn't bother me until that!

Also, these rails had to be installed after people kept jumping off of the building to die :( Sorry about the not so fun fact.

But we had to walk to every side to see all the different views and this is what we saw. . .

Beautiful isn't it!?!




Yeah, we spent quite a bit of time up there looking off the edge. It was just so facinating and I loved it!

Linds

3 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! You know I love NY...glad you got to do some fun stuff! Jealous!

Rebecca said...

Wow - it sounds like you had an amazing trip - I love phantom as well - next time do les miserables - also amazingly awesome!!!! keep on blogging.

ren said...

So jealous Linds! The trip looks like it was amazing! Thank you for letting us experience it vicariously through you! We are DYING to go. I hope you had a verry happy holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...