Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On Thanksgiving Morning. . .

Brian had a great idea to go downtown on Thanksgiving in the morning and do some service. So we decided that salvation army needed the help! We delivered meals to the less fortunate.

Ty decided to go with us too, and I thought that was very nice of him. It was such an incredible morning, one that I don't think I will ever forget. I cried half the morning, and held back tears for the rest of it. These people reminded me of my grandparents, and to see them so helpless was too much. I wished that I could take care of all of them.

Also, it was such a huge wake up call to me too. I fret about the dumbest things sometimes and to see the situations that people actually live in, made me so thankful for the life I was blessed with.

I love Brian so much, and I am so thankful to have such an amazing husband who thought of others on our holiday break.

Doing this made us feel so good! I swear we were smiles all day! We decided that we need to do this more often and are already signed on for Christmas. If any of you are interested in coming, give me a call! We would love to have you join us!

This was definitely my most memorable thanksgiving, and I am so blessed to have these two in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...