Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Arriving in STYLE!!!!

Once we landed in New York, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Since I had never been there, I decided to just let myself see as much as I could and to take lots of pictures!

The one thing that I couldn't get over about NY was how GINORMOUS everthing was! I felt like it was the city the never ended!

At the Airport we were picked up by our personal driver! I know right!!! And he was awesome! I made him pose by our car :)

He doesn't look too thrilled about it. . . does he!

He then took us on a long ride to our hotel. We saw tall buildings and the biggest cemetary I have seen in my whole life! Oh and a really cool bridge!

He went through the city, and I couldn't believe how dark it got as soon as he entered the area with the big buildings! It literally took the sun away. . .

Brian's company put us up in the nicest hotel called the Grand Hyatt.

It was right in Manhattan, and was close to everything. The subway was 1 block away, central park was 5 blocks away, grand central station was next door! 5th Avenue was 5 blocks away, Times Square was 6 blocks away, and we were right in the middle of it all!

The signs and streets in New York killed me! I can't imagine driving here at all! If I lived in NY I would have to take a cab everywhere, bc you would never know where you are going!

Our fancy schmancy hotel room and bathroom! This was so posh! I don't even want to know how much it was!

This is the view out our hotel room window. The cute girl that booked us said she would give us a phenomenal view and it cracked us both up that the view out every side of the hotel was other buildings!

The whole vacation I felt like a princess because normally this was a vacation that we could have not afforded for years. We even tried to play it cheap one night so we could spend more the next night somewhere fancier so we ate at TGI Fridays and our bill was still sixty dollars for one appetizer and one entree!

New York is definately spendy. . .

The first night we arrived Brian's company had a formal dinner here for everyone to get to know each other and talk. I snuck in a few minutes before they opened to nab a photo!

The food and ambiance was incredible!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...