Monday, June 29, 2009

WhAt Is yOuR pRobLeM?!?!?!

I have a new hobby. . . Well, it is sort of new. . .

I love decorating my house!!!! <3>i do i do i do!!! But lately my style has changed a little bit.
I am sooooo in love with vintage beauty!!!

{problem}. . . you can buy new stuff for ridiculous prices that looks vintage, or. . . you can buy vintage and update with new paint, etc. . . for a fabulous look!
I opt for the latter suggestion. . .

SO. . . i have been going to thrift stores to look for these lovlies and I have had lots of Luck!

funny story from last week. . .
Friends. . . meet the cranky thrift store lady. . .

{me} : at the cash register. . . "Hi, how are you today?!"

[lady]: silence and awful staring. . .

Methinks she is deaf? You never know!

{me} : It is lovely outside today, don't you think?!? I am so glad it isn't raining today! i am really trying here.

[lady]: silence and more awful staring. . .

{me} : I'm sorry, did you hear me?

[lady] : yeah. . . . sure did.

{me}: oh. Ok then. . .

Now she is full on glaring at me. I had to turn around to make sure that it was me she was glaring at. Now I am a little curious. . .

{me} : Um, is there a problem? Have I done something to offend you?

[lady] : scans me up and down, then snorts. "People like YOU shouldn't shop here"... glare...glare...glare

I am a little shocked at this point, but also very intrigued.

{me}: When you say "People like me" what are you referring ----

[lady]: interrrupts me "rich people, fancy people, people like YOU. . ."

"I am wondering what is taking her so freaking long to bag a couple of small items!"

{me}: Well I don't see what the big deal is? you sell stuff, and I am here to buy stuff. . . Anyone can shop here, and on a side note, I am not rich. . . If I was rich would know it :), then I smile.

[lady]: glares more, resembles satan, fire flames from eyes, horns grow, evil grin emerges, "still, YOU PEOPLE shouldn't shop here, this store is for poor folk who don't have money and I don't think the person owning this store wouldn't be all too happy to know that it is filled with people like you that could just buy from a nice store like sears. . .
in my head! OH FORGIVE ME! SEARS HUH!?!?! THANKS FOR ENLIGHTENING ME! IF I ONLY KNEW THAT 'PEOPLE LIKE ME SHOULD SHOP AT SEARS' I COULD HAVE BEEN SAVING SO MUCH TIME! "I love that she thinks sears is such a nice store"

{ME}: WELL, I don't think that the owner of this store wants nasty people working here either. . . so. . PEOPLE LIKE YOU, shouldn't work here. I always thought of people that worked in thrift stores should be nice to uplift those "poor folk" that are out on their luck.

I am thinking to myself. . . At least I am a nice person. . . YOUR'E the one that DOESN'T BELONG . . .

I grabbed my bags and left for the parking lot before her little mouth could rattle off any more meanness.

Driving home, I really wanted to call her manager and tell him what a crazy person she was. But then I got to thinking. . .

what had Happened to her, to make her so mean and unfriendly?


did she have anyone to love her?


maybe that job is all she has. . . :(


I decided to go easy on her and pray instead of tattle on her horrid behavior. . .

today I was a little weary of going back, but no old lady half my height is gonna keep me from my hobby. . .

I found some candlesticks, and my grand total came to a dollar. I made sure to get in her line again. . . Hoping she would not act the same.

I looked at her and smiled.

"How is your day going so far?"

[Lady] : It's good. . . how is yours? little timid smile :)

{me} : Oh, you know. . . Typical monday. . . I wish it was still the weekend don't you?

[Lady] : yeah, that would be nice.

silence

silence

silence

{me}: do you remeber me ?

[Lady] : yes mam, I do. Have a nice day, hands me my bag, And thanks for shopping with us. Here is an ad for next time. . .

{ME}: Thank you so much! I will, have a nice day yourself, followed by the biggest grin I could manage without looking like a creeper. . .

!!! {VICTORY} !!!

LA LA LA LA! i FEEL LIKE SINGING!

lOVE ME!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Linds, that is the funniest story I've heard in forever! That is totally something that would happen to you...I never have cool/funny stuff like that happen to me!

Joshua J said...

funny. you need to teach lori to shop at thrift stores :)

LoriAlbrecht said...

OH LINDSAY, I LOVE YOU!! THAT WAS SUCH A FUNNY STORY!!!! I don't know what i would have done if someone said that to me! i probably would have cried! haha...I'm so glad you handled it the way you did! WAY TO GO! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...