Tuesday, June 23, 2009

{ Happy fathers day to the many fathers in my life }

Happy Fathers Day to all the Wonderful dads in my life. . .

I have always known how important fathers are, but now that I am married, and seeing a different perspective, I am more aware of the effects of good fathering. . . So here are my four fathers and a reason or two why they have stolen my heart. . .


Daddy! I am still my fathers little princess. He still calls me to see if I have changed my oil lately or if I have rotated my tires :) He hugs me so tightly every time I leave to go home, and tells me how much he loves it when I come over. My dad believed in me from such an early age and always encouraged me to reach for the stars. To this day when I have a doubt about myself I talk to him. I love you daddy, so much. Thanks for always being my prince charming when we would play snow white, and kissing me on the cheek to wake me up. . . and for sharing your chocolate :)


MERRILL BUNKER!!!! This is my new dad Merrill. Since I met Brian, I have had so many neat conversations with Merrill. He is incredibly smart and is always interested in what I am doing. He took lots of time out of his spring to help Brian and I with yardwork, and when I told him that I wished I could have a garden this year, he started pulling weeds out of the ground and said, Ok, well let's do it right now! He has accepted me into his family and I feel so loved from him. I can see why Brian turned out so great and I love that he has Merrill as an example of a good father. . . I can't wait for him to be a grandad to our kids as well.


Poppy! My moms father is Poppy to all of us! He is so full of love and adoration for all of us grandkids. He tells me all the time that his grandkids matter the most! My mom is so important to me and she gets her assertiveness from him and I got it from her! He called me on my birthday last month and asked me if I just turned 21! lol. The way that he looks at my grandma makes me cry. He treats her like a princess and kisses her all the time! He talks to me in this little voice that he used to talk to me as a child. He told me that no matter how big I get I will always be his little linny. I will pop. . . and I love you higher than the sky too.


This is my grandpa Siebenhaar. He is also an incredible man. I love his personality and even though he is a tough german, he never took it out on me :) This last year he suffered a really bad stroke. I was so afraid that I would lose him. As I sat in the hospital holding his hand while he was in a coma, I just kept telling him that we weren't ready to have him leave and that I loved him. He gave my hand a squeeze a couple times, even though the nurse said he couldn't hear us. He made it, and his quality of life is not so good anymore. But the one thing that I have learned from him is that it could be so much worse. He knows he is alive and has all of his family close by and that he has reason to smile. He tells me that you always have a reason to smile. . .

Thanks Dad, Merrill, Poppy and Grandpa for all you have taught me. I will always remember you. . .

I love my fathers! And I can't wait for someday, for brian to be one too!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...