Thursday, May 31, 2012

My first real memorial day


This year was the first year that I have ever really had anyone to go visit in a cemetery on memorial day.  My thoughts are always with those who have passed away on this day, but this year it was really personal for me.  As I sat by pops grave I looked around the cemetery at all those placing flowers on loved ones weathered graves who obviously had done it for years.

Does it get harder or easier as the years go by?  I am not sure, probably both for some, but for me it feels like forever since I have seen pop and it has only been six months. I am really thankful that memorial day is a holiday because for how busy and full our lives seem, it feels really good to spend a weekend thinking about memories of loved ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really admire you because I just lost my girl recently, and i feel really sad for almost one month! If you can just follow the fashion high heels shoes and the Sexy Leopard Print Sandals at cwmalls.com i will be happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...