Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The { Hunt } for Old Ephraim







 





My dad has been dreaming of going on a bear hunt for half of the summer and trying to persuade us to go with him for the rest of it.

This isn't just any old bear we were hunting for of course. . . it is the legendary Old Ephraim of bear lake!

We loaded up the machines and set out for our adventure.  Along the way we saw many hidden beautiful places and even got free massages sitting in the back of the razor from all the bumps.  I know, what more could you possibly want.  

After many explored trails, lots of treats and being bathed in dirt we finally found what we were looking for.  The monument for this huge bear who had once lived in bear lake was huge.  They built it as tall as he was and taking my families picture next to it made me laugh a little. I couldn't imagine a bear being that big! 

This all day trip was such a beautiful memory.  It was totally worth it to see my dad grin like a little boy and jog up to the monument that he has been wanting to see for years.

Glad we found your bear dad. . . onto the next great adventure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...