Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Call Me Evelyn. . .

Ok so if there is something I CANNOT RESIST, it is sharing a funny story. . .

So at my office building we have other companies here other than us, so we don't know everyone that works here, obviously. . .

So one day long ago I was washing my hands in the ladies room, when this cute short, old lady comes in. She introduces herself as Trudie and I of course introduce myself as Lindsay and we start talking. Well Trudie has such a sweet heart that I love running into her. She is also very elegant to me. Sort of the old hollywood elegant. I also swear she is too old to work anywhere, so I don't know where she comes from. . .

Everytime I see her she throws her little arms around me and tells me she loves me, or I look lovely today, but she always calls me Evelyn with such emotion. I am too amused to tell her that she has my name wrong. But she knows me so well, that correcting her, I am afraid would make her feel quite foolish. And I think making and old lady feel foolish is pretty high up on the sin list!

Well, Trudie and I have developed quite the little office building friendship. For Christmas she brought me a beautiful silver angel ornament and addressed it to "My Beautiful Evelyn." I am happy to be her Evelyn, even though I have no idea where she got that name or why she calls me that!

May your days be full of friends who cherish you for who you are, not the details!

chuckle, chuckle. . .

Linds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...