Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Arizona Anyone? NOT ME!!!!

Disclaimer. . . The purpose of this entry is to vent, and to vent only. Any other interpretation of this entry is prohibited!

Ok, so you know when you get a phone call from the husband and all he says, is so. . . I have some news...? It can't be good.

Brian says that he has been eying a promotion for some time now and that there could be a possiblity. But the promotion is in arizona. . . Arizona?!?!?!?! What the crap?!?!?!?!!?!? I hate arizona, I do not have good memories of it and there are no mountains for heavens sake?!

Supposedly he got a phone call today to fly to arizona and interview for this position and that he has a fairly good chance of getting it.

Half of me wants to scream and run and shout no and form a bear hug stance around something heavy and immovable inside our house and whine.

The other half of me wants to recognize that even though this is not my dream, it is brians dream and that I would go anywhere he wanted me to, if it meant getting to spend my life with him.

So here is what I have come up with. . .

PROS

1. Ok, I guess they DO have a chanel and a sephora there. . . and other fun stores to keep my distracted.
2. Hot, no cold
3. A chance to start a new adventure.
4. Make new friends
5. More money, better job
6. Lay out at the pool more than one month out of the year.
7. Learn to rely on just Brian
8. Be able to say I have LIVED OUT OF STATE.
9. Brian deserves it, he is so talented and hardworking.

CONS
1. Moving away from home is scary
2. No family
3. No friends
4. No salt lake city to look at every day on the way home from work.
5. Moving. . . sucks
6. Finding a new job
7. Learning to find my way around a new state
8. Arizona is brown not green :(
9. No mountains, or seasons for that matter.

I really can't think of any more. No surprise there are the same amount of cons and pros, but I feel like the pros are stronger then the cons. Not more important! Just stronger. hmm. . .

I guess this is one of those decisions that no matter how many times you weigh the pros and cons, you can only really decide with prayer and faith. . .

My friend just told me that maybe we are meant to be in arizona and that if it is supposed to happen, it may be hard, but it is the right thing. . .

Someone also once told me that "Advice is something you already know but don't want to hear."

I guess I will end on that. Still not knowing what to do or how to feel...

7 comments:

Jayson and Julianne said...

Hello?! I am so glad that you cyber stalked me :) jk I do it too! We are in Omaha, Nebraska (I know, I know, pull out a map) because my husband is in dental school. He is in his sophomore year so we will be in the midwest for 2 and 1/2 more years. Is your husband from Centerville? That is where my hubby is from. Jayson Clark. Anyhoo it's good to see you. Keep in touch.

Jen said...

Linds--
AZ is sooo great! We loved living there. I can def tell you--it would grow on you. Hope whatever happens you and Brian are happy!

Seth and Shayla said...

Linds my brother lives in flagstaff and they love it. I dont know anyone who doesnt like it there. let us know!

Dowland Fam said...

Ok, I'll echo what everyone else has said . . . I've heard great things about Arizona. And, not the entire state is brown, some parts are rather pretty shades of red too! :) But, what an adventure. You'd be great and adjust to wherever you go Linds!

Scott and Jetti said...

Hey Linds!
We live in Arizona! And I didn't want to move here either, and now I love it! Utah still feels like home. But Arizona is great too! Gook luck!

Ty and Whit said...

Hi Linds!! I didn't recognize you at first cause of your new last name!! Yeah I'm so glad you found me so we can be blogging buddies. Yes my little boy is the cutest thing ever!! I love him so much. Well I'll add you to my friend list so we can keep in touch!

Stacy said...

Hey You! so Arizona! huh?! WOW. I think it would be great to get away just for a bit. You can always come back home. So where are you guys living at? And where do you two go dancing when you do? (I just read about this on your interests.) I love country swing. I think that is all I could get Chad to do. It is good to hear from you. Hope to hear back from ya. Take Care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...