Thursday, September 24, 2009

Miracle Update. . .

Hello best friends! I feel so grateful and happy and there is some awesome news that I would like to let you in on!

( I don't normally share personal stuff on a blog like this, but since many of you have been SO actively involved in the process I felt inclined :)

So here is a little background for those of you that haven't heard or that wouldn't understand this story otherwise! If you already think you know you can skip the following paragraphs.

Brian has worked in the wireless industry for 6 years. When I met him he was working for a company that didn't do much for him, and was unethical.

So with a huge leap of faith, he quit his job and signed on with his current company, WA, a week before we got married. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!

I had never heard Brian say he loved his job until he started with this new company. It made me happy to have a happy husband and to do something that paid the bills that he loved at the same time.

Then one day he came home really excited to tell me that the next position up for him would be a district manager posistion. But, he said, if I got to that point we would have to move for it. He explained that his manager, the district manager, loved his job too and would never leave so if we wanted the promotion, if it was ever offered, we would have to move to a new district out of state.

I was happy and so miserable at the same time. I mean, how could I leave the life I had established and now loved SO MUCH? I was very upset for some time.

Brian remained a very hard worker, with promotions in mind, and I remained VERY prayerful that the right thing could happen for us.

He was given the go ahead from his boss to start applying around the country. We watched district after district open up and passing on each one.

It just didn't seem right and didn't feel right even though we knew this company is where we were supposed to be.

Several months went by and lots of prayers, and thoughts, and we heard that the district for Utah and Idaho was going to open up. Brian was ecstatic, even though applying meant nothing of a guarantee for us.

After applying and going through lots of interviews Brian met with the VP to interview and discuss his outlook on the posistion.

I can honestly say that it was the longest week of waiting in my entire life.

BUT. . .

We are THRILLED TO REPORT THAT BRIAN HAS BEEN OFFERED THE JOB, AND HAS ACCEPTED AND THAT WE ARE STAYING IN UTAH!!!!

I thought this day would never come, and I hope none of you had to see me the last couple of weeks bc I looked like crap. I have had so many happy emotions and have cried so much in joy that my contacts are boycotting my eyes.

Thanks for always saying hi to Brian at the wireless kiosk at costco! He has loved it but will not be there anymore! Instead he will be sharing his time between all the stores in his district.

We thank all of you that haved HOPED for us, kept us in your thoughts and prayers, and helped Brian along with his business development.

We are so appreciative and feel so blessed. This open door offers us so many options and opportunities for our family.

We love you!!!

In enthisiasm we toast to his new job! (glasses clinging)

The Bunkers!

12 comments:

Lacie said...

YAY!!!!! You guys are so amazing and I am SOO happy for you!!!! I love reading how you guys are doing! Keep up the awesome-ness and just know I think of you often! :)

Jade and Michael said...

Even though I am on leave...I did hear the good news and I am thrilled! Congrats Brian! I can't wait to come back and work with you! So so happy for you! You will do awesome!

LoriAlbrecht said...

WOW!! That's awesome!! CONGRATS!! I'm really happy for you guys! And I'm happy to hear you don't have to move! :)

Matt and Melanie said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! P.s. Did I see Brian at Mulligans the other day? If it was, tell him i'm sorry I didnt say hi but I couldn't tell if it was him or not. But congrats, i'm so excited for you guys!!!
Mel Jo

Jen said...

Congrats! That is so great...and we are happy to keep you guys close to home!

Susan said...

WOW! That's awesome news!! Congradulations!!!

Rebecca said...

great news - so glad you don't have to move!

Dowland Fam said...

Wahoo! That is exciting news. Now there are really no excuses . . . a party at your house. I'll bring the Sparkling Cider and we can toast to Brian's job!

Mrs. Micek said...

Congratulations to the both of you!! That sounds like a fantastic opportunity! I'm so glad that things are going so well. I miss you tonz girly! I hope I can see you sometime in the near future!!! I'm so glad you get to stay in Utah!! YAY!

megwild said...

Congratulations you two!!!! That's aweseome news and I am glad to hear you are sticking around. It makes holidays that much more fun when we get to hang out with the Bunker clan and everyone is around!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Congratulations!!! It sounds like things are going super well for you guys! I'm so happy for you! The pool party's with Mind were so much fun! You are so cute! I'm glad you found me and that we're in touch again!!! Good luck with the new job!

Launi said...

Congratulations! Prayer really does work--doesn't it? I'm so happy for you both.

http://www.graciousrain.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...