Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bunker Family Summer Vacation

This year for Bunker Family Vacation we were so lucky to go to beautiful Seaside Oregon!

It was such a relaxing vacation and so much fun to spend time with the family!

Here are our Trip highlights!!

Our trip started out with a 14 hour road trip. Sometimes I like road trips and sometimes I dont. This time I didn't like it so much. . . But with other people driving I was ok!

This was the view from the scenic outlook! WOWZA HUH?!?! I had never been here before and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!!!!

Most of the time It was overcast, and a couple days it was sunny! I know all of you are going to laugh reading this, but the beaches honestly looked so much like twilight!!! So misty and dark.

The houses on the beach were so adorable too! ANd lots cheaper than the ones in cali.

One day on the beach we took family pictures. I wish I had one of the whole group but I didn't have my camera that day. They all turned out so cute.

We all wore white and were barefoot. Here is a couple of Brian and I.


One day we decided to travel to Tillamook Oregon. It is the Cheese capitol of the state! It was really fun to tour the factory and see how cheese is made!

The best part was the free samples and ice cream!

Out in front of the famous factory that gets millions of visitors!!!

Brian in front of the production line. Showing his "enthusiam" for cheese :)

Doing what we do best! I think in a former life I MAY have been a farmer and Brian MAY have been a cow ?

Another day, we had a "Girls" afternoon and a "Boys" afternoon. We weren't quite sure what the boys were doing but we girls decided to go shopping and then Brian's mom Karen took us to a fancy seafood restaurant on the boardwalk.

We were sitting there waiting for out food to come out and Karen told us to walk outside and see the most hilarious thing we have ever seen in our life!

This is what we saw!!!


It was all the guys and kiddies loaded into a four man bike! It was so funny to see them all pedal in unison bouncing up and down!

Another day we went down to the beach, and it was super sunny and warm so the guys decided to rent a skimboard and give it all a try!


It was quite the sight bc they all kept falling trying to do it! That is why I wasn't doing it! I am queen of falling, and I wasn't going to take any risks here!
But at the end of the day, they all mastered it pretty well!

Brian and I on the beach!

While we were in Seaside we went downtown where they had the cutest main street in history with a cute little starfish on each lampost.

It is all the little touches that made this town so much fun and enjoyable. I was busy the whole time just looking at all the artistic touches that went into this darling place.

Our last night we had an awesome bonfire on the beach.

With the chilly sky and the warm fire, it was the perfect temperature. We all roasted marshmellows and talked about our favorite parts of the trip!

I will never forget how incredible this trip was and how beautiful oregon is. I love going to new places to see the different sights in nature.

Someday when we have little ones I would love to take them here. Thank you so much Bunkers for an amazing summer vacation! We loved every minute of it!

So long Oregon! Lets keep in touch!

Love the The Bunkers !!!

5 comments:

Mel and Paul said...

That looks like a fun trip Linds! I love the pics that you take of things like the star fish on the lamp post... I kept thinking that I could see you saying ,"Look how cute that is I want to take a picture!" Oh yeah and the last picture is dang freaking cute with the campfire and the rocks that have hearts and your last name on it! I seriously think that was such a brilliant idea! It's totally Lindsay! Nice work Chick a lick!

johnny and ashley said...

Lindsay, well hello! I haven't heard from you in forever and then I stumbled upon your blog! Looks like life is amazing for you and Brian. I'm adding you to my blog list so we can keep up!

Jen said...

How fun! Glad you guys had a good time!

Dowland Fam said...

Looks like so much fun! Jared and I have tried to work out going to the Oregon Coast. Haven't gotten there yet, but oh well! Glad you guys had fun! Your hat is tres cute!

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun trip. And the family pictures are adorable. What great memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...