Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You know your sick when. . .

You can identify six different animal shapes in your ceiling right above your head. You know your really sick when you give the animal shapes names. You know your morbidly sick when you think you seriously saw one of them move and call your husband in from the other room to confirm it hasn't!


My body hates me. It has given me nothing but pain for almost an entire year. If I could I would surgically remove my problem organs and all it's friends myself.

My brain loves me though. It has allowed me to pass out a couple times where the pain gets too unbearable.

My nurse is insane. She thinks it is all in my head. I am seriously contemplating the fortune cookie trick in "freaky friday" just to prove her wrong.
My doctor is very smart and nice. He has put me through a series of tests to prove his love for me as a patient. (However, to his credit, I know he is taking every measure to try and find out what is wrong.) DEFINITON: Barium, Noun. "White thick liquid that looks like a milkshake but tastes a blend of dirty shredded socks, dandelion liquid, ground up chalk, and licking the metal bars at the gym. Purpose is used for CT scans and to induce vomiting. Not to be wished on one's worst enemy.


My only joy in this entire experiance is my increased time snuggled in bed with Brian watching movies and the Office which I love. "Our balls are in your court, Bears Beats, Battlestar Gallactica." Priceless. . .

Maybe that explains the hallucinations on the ceiling.

hmm. . .

Tomorrow is my latest test. I really hope they find out what is going on. . .

Cross your fingers and wish me luck!


XOXO

Linds

2 comments:

Jen said...

Linds, what the h is wrong with you!? I'm sorry you are feeling so sick, get better soon!

Jade and Michael said...

Oh that does not sound like fun! (expect for movie watching..) I hope you start feeling better...! Esp with the 1 year coming up! (I remember bc ours is about the same time as yours) Feel better and good luck with your last test!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...