Friday, December 16, 2011

Our very own { not so little } natural disaster













 



 


 Last week I had my own wizard of oz experience when the wind storms hit our little town of Centerville.

The winds howled all night, none of the three of us got any sleep.  I kept dreaming of the house blowing away and the roof floating off, and the storm sucking us out into the dark.  

Walking outside in the morning i didn't even recognize parts of my neighborhood.  I knew the winds had been strong, but I never expected to see the things I did.

Signs twisted like taffy, fences toppled like toothpicks, and trees pulled right out of the ground. 

Our own little house weathered a little damage but we felt so incredibly blessed as we saw the damage others had endured.  We lost a few sections of fence, some shingles, screens and gutters, and power for quite a while.   

Once I made sure our house was secure, I went to head out for work and realized my car had a flat tire with two nails.  Brian had to come to my rescue and attach my spare.

I feel that between pop dying, this happening and the holidays coming out of nowhere, I am still trying to catch my breath.  I am keeping my fingers crossed nothing else happens for a while!

2 comments:

Dowland Fam said...

Crazy Linds! These are the pictures you see on the news, not the ones you take with your own camera!

Lacie said...

Hi Linds! I hate posting this on such a sad post, but I just wanted to let you know I picked you for the Liebster Blog Award! In order to have any idea what I'm talking about read my blog. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...