Friday, January 15, 2010

Heartbroken. . .

So, Brian and I have the cutest most loveable dog in the whole world, (we think so anyways).

And I can honestly say that having MY OWN dog has been so much more work and joy than I ever thought it could be!

Bentley is so liked, she gets more visitors than us!



But, since we have had her we knew that day would come where we would have to have something not so good happen in order for her to not get pregnant. (she is too small to have pups)

And so today she went in for surgery, to be spayed :(

You would think that some great tragedy has happened bc of how sad and nervous I have been over the last few days. . .

I even cried when I dropped her off. Seeing her look up at me like that! Seriously, I did. And I got to see all the vet techs at the front desk look at me like I was crazy.

I know they do this ALL the time, but I don't care about all the other dogs. Just mine. . .

I just hate seeing her in pain knowing I can't do anything but hold her. I can't imagine this emotion with children. It is probably the most awful thing ever!

Get some sleep Benny, Cause all of us aren't going to be happy again until you are back to your old playful loveable self. . . :(

6 comments:

megwild said...

I am way to sensative when it comes to animals..too. So, part of me is happy that Russell is allergic to dogs. Even though I love em, it's too painful when things go wrong. And yes, it's even worse with kids....prepare yourself.

alibrough said...

I feel your pain!! I had a really hard time when Penelope got spayed but she recovered so fast! Within 3 days she wanted to play and was feeling fine. I had to convince her to stay in bed and watch movies with me so she wouldn't rip stitches. You will make it.

Jade and Michael said...

How sad! It is hard when they get sick and such! I hope she is feeling better (and you!) s

Dowland Fam said...

Did I mention that we are getting a dog tomorrow? A rottweiler. Her name is Coco and I already love her. Never pictured myself as a dog person, but here we go! :)

Rebecca said...

poor baby - i hope all is well with her now!

Jillian said...

How did I miss the fact that you had a blog?! Wow... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...